Nov 24, 2011

Migration of WSS 3.0 to SharePoint Server 2010

I have some ideas grabbed from the internet regarding the migration of WSS 3.0 to SP 2010 server. My thoughts are as follows.
1. WSS 3.0 (with SP2) can be migrated to SharePoint Foundation 2010 directly.
2. The migration of WSS 3.0 (with SP2) to SharePoint Server 2010 is possible by attaching DB upgrade only. The direct migration is not possible.
3. But the WSS 3.0 (with SP2) can be migrated to MOSS 2007 first then to SP Server 2010
Ref: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262747.aspx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers,

I LOVE to hear from you! Your feedback is always appreciated. I will try to reply to your query as soon as possible.

1. Make sure to click the "Notify me" check box at the right side to be notified of follow up comments and replies.
2. Please Do Not Spam - Spam comments will be deleted immediately upon review.